GitHub is one of the greatest tools for developers ever. And it keeps getting better. Most of the new features that GitHub introduces are usually generic and apply to all developers universally. Today, however, they have a special present for the PHP developers – Quickly review changed functions in your PHP pull requests. This is mighty useful, especially on the larger pull requests.
“7 ways to do containers on AWS” covers a variety of different ways to run containers on the Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure. These include most of the usual suspects, like Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS), and hand-rolled vanilla containers on EC2, as well as a few lesser known ones like templated Kubernetes and Amazon Fargate.
Here’s a list of the TOP 10 MySQL 8.0 features for DBAs and OPS, with some detailed explanations of what they are and links to more information. The features covered are:
- Temporary Tables Improvements
- Persistent global variables
- No more InnoDB System Tables
- Reclaim UNDO space from large transactions
- UTF8 performance
- Removing Query Cache
- Atomic DDLs
- Faster & More Complete Performance Schema (Histograms, Indexes, …) and Information Schema
- REDO & UNDO logs encrypted if tablespace is encrypted