We’re excited to announce the following major new features in PhoneGap 2.0:
- Cordova WebView – This allows for the integration of PhoneGap, as a view fragment, into a bigger native application.
- Command Line Tooling (CLI) (Android, iOS and BlackBerry) – CLI tooling brings a standard nomenclature to common tasks across platforms such as project creation, debugging, and emulation. Normally, these are different incantations for each platform vendor making cross platform development workflow inconsistent and jarring; we’ve fixed that.
- Enhanced documentation – Getting-started guides, plugins, migration guides and more to help accelerate the development of mobile applications and make it even easier.
- Web Inspector Remote (Weinre) ported to nodejs – The availability of a node module means easy installation using Node Package Manager (NPM).
- Transition to Apache Cordova and nearing graduation from incubation
- Windows Phone support
- Improvement to iOS app creation – We’ve implemented significant changes for the iOS platform. Get a deeper dive into all the changes from Shaz, our PhoneGap iOS lead developer.