It’s been more than a month since my upgrade to WordPress 2.0.2. The upgrade went just fine, but it broke one important piece of functionality. I used to have a few pages that used PHP Exec plugin (things like the Archives and Blogroll).
Unfortunately, PHP Exec plugin does not work in the newer WordPress. A few alternative solutions are available, but I was waiting for this one to get fixed, as I didn’t want to change anything myself.
I got tired of waiting and fixed everything today myself. I used a somewhat hacky workaround. One of the useful features of WordPress is that it allows templates for pages. It is possible to have one page look and feel very different from another page. So, I simply created page templates for all my stuff that used PHP Exec, and copied things over.
All is finally back. My apologies for the long delay.