Still doing the “I like to move it, move it” thing with Compaq and IBM servers. Things are shaping up a little.
Intalled two Red Hat 7.2 machines to be used for IVR applications.
Started working on netsaint2mrtg config converter, ended up upgrading Netsaint to 0.0.7.
Today I did a test move of our development linux server to another machine. It took me less then two hours to do so, considering about 7 GBytes of data, and difference in hardware (Compaq machine and IBM machine). I have used tar, netcat and Red Hat Linux 7.2 disk. Everything seems to work find, except for Microsoft DNS server loosing track of the machine and generating some random junk. Tomorrow I will move few more servers.
Monitoring issues rise again. I have read several reviews of MOM monitoring system from Microsoft. Here is one. My personal opinion is that there is nothing better there then Netsaint and MRTG. One problem I have in plans of solving is Netsaint to mrtg config converter. Or vice versa.
Playing with Codeweavers CrossOver plugin. Not yet managed to make it work, but very close :) . Meanwhile, Slashdot has a link to the review.