Software Engineering Tips shares some tips on how to figure out if you are a bad programmer, and how to remedy that.
Signs that you’re a bad programmer
- Inability to reason about code
- Poor understanding of the language’s programming model
- Deficient research skills / Chronically poor knowledge of the platform’s features
- Inability to comprehend pointers
- Difficulty seeing through recursion
- Distrust of code
If you are not a bad programmer, check if you are mediocre one.
Signs that you are a mediocre programmer
- Inability to think in sets
- Lack of critical thinking
- Pinball Programming
- Unfamiliar with the principles of security
- Code is a mess
And, finally, here are some signs that you shouldn’t be a programmer.
Signs that you shouldn’t be a programmer
- Inability to determine the order of program execution
- Insufficient ability to think abstractly
- Collyer Brothers syndrome
- Dysfunctional sense of causality
- Indifference to outcomes
The article also suggests some alternative career paths for you.