I have started to learn LDAP today. Here is how I did it:
- Install new Red Hat Linux 7.2 server.
- During install
- Specify to authenticate through LDAP which is located at 127.0.0.1
- I forgot to permit SSH connection during firewall configuration
- In boot manager configuration, I have specified to use GRUB with which I don’t have any experience yet.
When I did all this, I have found myself in situation where machine refused any connections via secure shell, refused any logins locally, Result:
- Unusable machine
- Frozen butt (a/c in the server room)
- Complete reinstall
- Linux LDAP Tutorial