Back in 2013 I linked to some (not so) surprising facts about social media. Two years is a lot of time and a lot of things has changed since. So here comes 100 social media facts and statistics for 2015. These spread from general statistics to service-specific ones, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, and others. Unlike many other similar collections, this one actually links to sources for every single fact, and provides an easy one-click share to Twitter button. Here are a few to get you started:
- 189 million Facebook users are ‘mobile only’.
- There are 4 billion daily video views on Facebook.
- 50% of unique LinkedIn visitors access it via mobile.
- There is a 50% average increase in comments when a LinkedIn page post contains a question.
- Over 40 billion photos have been shared on Instagram.
- Google+ has 300 million monthly active users around the world.
- Google+ grows at a rate of 33% each year.
- Average time spent on YouTube per mobile session is 40 minutes.
- There are 300 hours of video uploaded to YouTube every minute.