This was only a matter of time … gitfs – version controlled file system:
gitfs was designed to bring the full powers of git to everyone, no matter how little they know about versioning. A user can mount any repository and all the his changes will be automatically converted into commits. gitfs will also expose the history of the branch you’re currently working on by simulating snapshots of every commit.
Here is a brief feature list:
- Automatically commits changes: create, delete, update files and their metadata
- Browse through working index and commit history
- Merges with upstream by automatically accepting local changes
- Caching commits reduces the memory footprint and speeds up navigation
- Reduces the number of pushes by batching commits