I am pretty busy these days. My home server has been cracked via old ssh. I had to clean up the machine, then decided to use it as a honeypot for some time. By now, I think I have everything I need, so machine is reinstalled. Red Hat 7.2 has been installed on it. I am occupied with configuration of the server and I am using these downtimes to reorganize my home network a little bit. So, no usefull staff today, except for the promise that I will put together and publish here the information I got from this attack. Get back later! :)
Finally, after considerable thought, I have chosen, not without the help of others, to use TeX for writing documentation. After two days of using it, I must admit that I enjoy it really much. There are few helpful online resource like TeX User Group, UK List of TeX FAQ, LaTex and BibTeX course notes (with lots of examples). For those who can read and understand Russian, TeX FAQ and TeX section of opensource.ru might be of some help.
I also spent a fair amount of time on CVS, mutt+gnupg, CA with openssl and some other stuff. CVS makes me happy. I’ve read about some BSD application called arch, which is supposed to be even better then CVS, though the port for Linux is not complete yet, so be it :) Mutt was pretty easy to set up with gnupg. Actually, it happened so, that I had pgp support compiled in for ages, and gpg.rc configuration file was kindly provided with the distribution of mutt package.
Now I am about to write several technical documents for our company internal use, so I was looking for the right way to do it. Office suits were not even thought of, after I remembered my Final Year Project preparation in MS Office. Yuck, that was a pain in the … Hmm.. Mkay. So, I went off to the direction of XML and SGML, but that land is a bit confusing. DocBook followed with recomendations from Linux Documentaion Project (aka LDP). All roads lead to Rome, though and I ended up with TeX idea in my head. I will live it through over the weekend and I will decide finally what to use.
Came over a nice program called Slay which does the following:
Slay sends given signal (KILL by default) to all processes belonging to user(s) given on the command line.
Nothing much happened. Updated our Quake3 servers to release point 1.31. Haven’t tried it myself, but people say it works. Tomorrow promises to be interesting with JBoss and Tomcat installations in clustered environment. :)