While I’m still working on the theme, I thought I’d give you a brief of overview of changes, except for the obvious visual ones.
- Google AdSense is gone.Â I’ve been planning to do this for a long time but never got down to it.Â I don’t want to have any ads on my personal blog anymore.Â And, it wasn’t making me that much anyway.
- RSS feed got fixed.Â The problem was caused by one of the plugins which I’m not using for a long time now.Â Sorry for the delayed inconvenience.
- Flickr images moved from top of the page to the side.Â It should make page loading a bit faster, but this remains to be seen.Â More testing and feedback needed here.
- Comments are separated from pingbacks and trackbacks.Â I have yet to find one of the posts that has both comments and trackbacks (this was a long time ago), but the theme seems to support it.
- A few old and broken pages are gone now (Archives, Blogroll, Stats, Affiliate stuff, etc).Â Instead, blog gained the site map.Â It might still go over a few changes though.Â The permanent link to it is at the bottom of the page.
- There is now a list of recent entries on the sidebar.Â I remember a few people requesting this.Â Maybe I’ll add the comments too one day.
- There are a few header images now, which depend on your location on the site.
Things that remain to be done are:
- sort out categories and tags, especially with the upcoming WordPress 2.3 taxonomy in mind
- select and crop my own header images