I am moving forward with my Flickr saga. I ran out of bandwidth last month and was thinking that I’ll use the time to edit and minimize some pictures, while I have to wait for more resources.
That didn’t happen. Instead, I realized that the last week of April has already started and I need to urgently upload 2 GBytes of images in order to continue with my migration.
After some careful considerations, I decided to switch the direction. Instead of uploading pictures in chronological order – 2003, 2004, 2005, etc, I’d do them in reverse (2006, 2005, 2004, etc). The thing is that my most recent images has been all edited, cropped, and optimized for the web (or so I like to think). It will be much harder to run out of bandwidth while uploading them. Gradually, I will move down to those pictures which noone cares about no more, and I won’t be in any rush, and hopefully will also have some time to optimize them.
I have already finished uploading pictures from years 2006 and 2005. I still have a few megabytes to fill in for April. I haven’t done much of organization too. Basically, sets are tagged with an automatic keyword which looks like dump123456, where 123456 is the timestamp of the upload initiation. I’ll sort them out, tag, and organize in sets a bit later. For now I just want to have them all up there. And so far I am succeeding…