I just got another revelation on how important little things are in our lives.Â Take, for example, your office job (if you ever had one).Â When I mention your job, you probably think of the office, salary, annoying clients, evil boss, and things like that, right?Â Or at least something along those lines.Â Well, how about some tiny things which can make or break your day, every day?
- Parking space. Is there a parking place?Â Do you have to spend half an hour driving around the building in order to find the hole to squeeze in?Â How many traffic rules (running red lights, forbidden U-turn, etc) do you have to break to even drive into your parking space?Â IsÂ your parking space in mud or tarmac?Â What happens to it after the rain?Â Is there any shade for those extra sunny days?Â How often is you car locked by another one when you want to leave for lunch?Â Or maybe you had to punch the crowds for two hours in the public transportation to get to your office?
- Water closet (aka WC, bathroom, toilet). Is there one in your office or do you have to take an elevator trip every time you want to wash your hands?Â How busy is that place?Â Does it have all the essentials like paper, water and door locks?Â How clean is it?
- Kitchen (food and drinks).Â Can you have a cup of coffee at your desk?Â How about a coke?Â A sandwich?Â Do you have to pay for it?Â Can you get any snack at all when you stay late?Â How far is your lunch?Â How expensive is it? Are there any cups, teaspoons, toothpicks, towels or paper tissues, salt, catchup?
- Stationary. Do you have to bring your own notepads?Â How long does it take you to find an empty CD/DVD for that extra backup?Â How pens are there in your immediate reach that actually work?Â Does it take you more than 5 seconds to find a calendar?Â How about a calculator?Â Can you get one while still on the phone? Do you even have a phone?Â What about an extra network cable?Â Printer cartridge? A4 paper?
- Smells.Â Does it smell like food in your office?Â Do they smoke in there?Â How often do they clean their ashtrays? Maybe it’s this guy right next to you?Â Maybe it’s a flower, and only in spring?
- Temperature.Â Is thre any air condition?Â How about a heater?Â Can you even close that window behind you?Â How sensitive are other people in the room?
I can go on and on an on…Â Brings the memories, doesn’t it?