Here is an interesting project – SC-IM, or Spreadsheet Calculator Improvised, which is an ncurses spreadsheet program for terminal. Here are some of the features:
- UNDO / REDO.
- 65.536 rows and 702 columns supported. (The number of rows can be expanded to 1.048.576 if wished).
- CSV / TAB delimited file import and export.
- XLS / XLSX file import.
- Sort of rows.
- Filter of rows.
- Cell shifting.
- 256 color support – screen colors can be customized by user, even at runtime.
- Colorize cells or give them format such as bold or underline.
- Wide character support. The following alphabets are supported: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Turkish, Czech, Japanese, Chinese.
- Implement external functions in the language you prefer and use them in SC-IM.
- Use SC-IM as a non-interactive calculator, reading its input from a external script.
- More movements commands implemented !
- Input and Output was completely rewritten.
A combination of interactive and non-interactive interface seems to be particularly useful.