It came to me that geek t-shirts aren’t very well suited for gyms and other places crowded with strong people. Geek t-shirts tend to be a little offensive and aggressive. Here are a few examples:
- “Bow before me, for I am root.” – nobody cares enough to read all of it, and “bow before me” sounds offensive enough.
- “Go away or I will replace you with a very small shell script.” – has the same problem.
- “I see fragged people” – “frag” is not a wide spread word, and it’s often misread as another f-word.
- “I’m blogging this” – “blog” is a very wide spread word, and it can get you killed. Especially by women.
- “You are dumb” – OK, you can ware this, but never ever answer the question “What does this mean?” truthfully.
It’s good to know that sports-ware manufacturers realize this problem. That’s why they make t-shirts with just their brand labels – “Nike”, “Adidas”, “Reebok”, etc.Â These aren’t even real words…